Friday, May 9, 2008

High Speed Taxi

I had the most amazing experience today. I had the opportunity to taxi out onto the flightline in an F-15 jet. I went through training in a simulator on how to get into the jet and how to quickly get out in case of an emergency. Then I got fitted for my flight suit, vest, and helmet. While we were waiting, we hung out in the "Bat Cave" (the pilot's bar). Then, the time came when my pilot, myself, Wayne & Bryce were taken out onto the flightline and we stepped into our jet. We started to taxi out onto the runway and the pilot let me call to the tower to get permission for our highspeed taxi. After getting permission, he let me push the throttles up before we took off. We took off and he went into afterburn (when you see the red flames come out the back of the jet). The whole time I was thinking to myself "This is soooo cool!"

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the sweet picture of you and Bryce at the end! And your hair is super cute!

Anonymous said...

You're one rockin' mama!! Way to go, Cari. What a blast! Very cool, indeed!
Hugs to you all.
Amy, Dave & Joshua

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture at the end where you are in the flight suit and you are hugging Bryce! Too cute! Love to all, Head and Fam!