Monday, April 9, 2007

Church Tour

Our visits with Bryce went well today. He likes to play the game now where he pulls himself up to a stand with a chair and then drops his toys under the chair only to have mom or dad pick it up for him. He's still doing well with crawling and pulling himself up onto things. Aliya is wanting him to start walking while we are still here but, we're hoping that doesn't happen until after we get home. We're already going to have our hands full with a crawling infant going through the airports. :) When they brought him out to us this afternoon, he was still munching on his afternoon cookie. He was pretty pleased with himself.

We visited some more churches today with Aliya. Religion plays an important role here and we've been asked by pretty much everybody that we have come in contact with what our religion is and what do we believe in.

This was the only church that people here were allowed to attend during the rule of the Soviet Union


This is the oldest church in Uralsk which was built in 1751

Tomorrow, we're going to the Old Uralsk museum.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi Cari! It's your cousin Kathryn from Kansas! What an adventure it must be going through this process -- I'm overjoyed for you and Wayne. I'm not sure if this is the best way to contact you, but I wanted to let you know that I will be studying abroad in Australia starting in July, and hope to be able to travel (depending on ticket prices, etc.). Anyway, I figure there's probably no other time I'd venture to southeast Asia, and wondered if I came to Japan I'd be able to see you guys. I'd really love the opportunity to visit with you all -- it's been so long! Of course none of my plans are finalized yet, I just thought I'd throw it out there. My e-mail is knd@ksu.edu. Even if it doesn't work out, I'd love to hear from you!
Kathryn

Meredith said...

I can't wait for you guys to get home!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids!

We're happy you finally have Bryce! He is a real boy, that's for sure. Bet you two are anxious to take him home with you.

So glad it went well for you in court. We were thinking about you and had you in our prayers.

Have fun with Bryce and keep us updated on his activities.

Love, Grandpa & Grandma J.